Tiffin Tuesday

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



I have to apologize to you all. Those of you who are waiting for a follow up post to last week's Organic Food article, I might have to disappoint you. I will have to postpone that article to next week as I am currently pretty loaded at work.

I did not want to miss out the opportunity to share a lunch box idea with you. As Valentine's day is tomorrow I picked out a festive lunch box. That you can create for your little loved ones to show them how much you care. Also, your bigger loved ones should not miss out. So, here is my idea and a recipe of some brilliant Nougat Treats.

Soeren is turning into quite the cheese connoisseur. He loves Bries, Camemberts and other strong flavored cheeses. So, I decided to coat some lovely French Camembert cheese with bread crumbs and quickly bake them until crispy. I added this to two slices of white bread. Decorated these with some fruit and included some Cranberry Ginger Chutney along with it. A juicy Satsuma and some succulent Persimmon accompanies the lunch box. For my sweetest Valentine I made a batch of these Orange Nougat Treats. What is a Valentine's sweet box without some chocolates. Soeren just loves these little plain milk chocolates (leftovers from Christmas!)

Whatever you decide to pack for your sweethearts tomorrow, just make sure they know how much you care and love them. That they are special and express your love in any way you can. Yes even by packing a lunch box filled with your love.



Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: blogmeeta@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

This Post was written by Meeta from What's For Lunch, Honey?

2 comments:

yummy lunch! I love the baby tomatoes on the sandwiches. And I'm glad to see someone else take out the rectangle and just put the sandwiches right in the box -- that is the only way I've been able to make regular sandwiches fit!

Anonymous said...
February 13, 2007 at 8:18:00 PM GMT+1  

Hey Stephanie, Actually on one sandwich that is a raspberry and on the other a physallis. And I hear you when you say that some bigger sized sandwiches do not fit in the smaller containers. It does get rather cramped. But I do that all the time and it works fine. Glad you liked the box!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
February 13, 2007 at 8:45:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment