The Day After Halloween

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



I had a bit of trouble with Blogger yesterday and was not able to upload the pics so here is the post!

How was your trick or treating yesterday? Have a great time? Well we had a quite a few witches, ghosts, vampires, mice, fairies and other interesting little creatures ringing our doorbell. Each on was cuter than the other.

Here's a pic of Soeren and two of his friends. They were a group of four, all running around the neighborhood ringing for sweets.

After a long weekend it's back to KIGA and back to lunchboxes. Before I do though. I have a little sad announcement to make. I have been asked to take over another section at my job. This means that I will be meeting new challenges and going for new goals. I am quite excited about this and really look forward to expanding my horizons. But it also means that I will have little time. The time I will have I would like to spend with Soeren, family friends and of course my hobby photography. It was getting a little tedious in the past trying to put everything under one hat. I have decided to continue with WFLH but will probably not be able to post everyday on the Daily Tiffin. Rest assured I will still be making these boxes.

However, I do have an idea for the future of this blog and this is where you come in. I do know that I have a few readers here. My stats reveal plenty LOL! So, I was thinking if there would be any interest in co-administrating The Daily Tiffin with me. I was thinking of getting a few people on board and turning this blog into like a type of forum. Women who are students, wives, mothers, working mums etc. anyone that can share their experience in healthy meals and lifestyle would be welcome to sign up. The foremost focus should be the kids. It does not have to revolve only around food, but I can think of several things - e.g a book recommendation for kids.

The posts then do not have to be daily, but eventually and if the interest is there, I hope to have a few administrators that will make a regular posting possible.

Any interest people? You are welcome to mail me your ideas and thoughts under blogmeeta@gmail.com

Until then I will be posting lunch boxes as regularly as I can.



For today, Soeren has a wiener and a gorgeous light dark bread jam packed with sunflower seeds. I spread this with yoghurt cream cheese. A nice natural yoghurt with cereal squares on the side and a few nougat newtons. For the fruit today we have grapes!

Adult Variation:
Make a sub sandwich. Cut up some baguette and spread this with your fave relish, and bits of sausages, like the wiener above, a few tomatoes, lettuce, and roasted onions. Press together and enjoy. I also love having a nice cheese with my grapes and sometimes in the evening I chop up cheese chunks and make grape and cheese skewers. This would be a great little thing to pick on while sitting in front of the computer.

7 comments:

Hi Meeta, Congrats on getting more responsibilities.. As a regular reader , I would like to see u continue posting.. It does get a litle busy doing work and bloggoing. So even if I can't do a lot of time,I would be happy to help u with Co administering.. need to know ho wexactly I can help.

Anonymous said...
November 3, 2006 at 1:35:00 PM GMT+1  

hi meetha..i just came to know abt this from shilpa's blog. U are doing great job.Though my son is not yet ready to go school as he is just 1 1/2 yr old...but I will try to do send you abt some tiffins which i leanr gradually and when ever I prepare and other ideas about children to your blog.iam adding your blog to mine now..as i can check this almost daily.Thank you meetha.

November 3, 2006 at 7:29:00 PM GMT+1  

Hello Ladies,

I understand that that no one can invest too much time. That is the whole reason I have come up with this idea. If we have enough people who do a few post every now and then I think we will be able to make for regular posting on the blog.

Shaheen, I am glad to hear that you would like to be aq part of the tema. Send me an email (I was unable to find one on your blog) and I can give you details and we can discuss this further.

Meena that sounds wonderful. Please do.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
November 6, 2006 at 8:39:00 AM GMT+1  

U can email me at shaheenso@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...
November 6, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM GMT+1  

Hello Meeta -- I'd love to contribute something one day a week. But I'll miss seeing your laptop lunchbox each and every day! Best, Lily

Anonymous said...
November 7, 2006 at 11:38:00 PM GMT+1  

Hello Lily,

Great! Sounds fantastic. Send me your email address and we can discuss this in more detail over email.

I am getting quite excited as I have a few contributors and co-admins lined up, all with great plans. Look forward to hearing from you.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
November 8, 2006 at 8:37:00 AM GMT+1  

Kids look adorable!! Looks like they had a blast!:))

Looking forward to all changes to Daily Tiffin!:))

FH said...
November 9, 2006 at 11:24:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment