Fruit Salad and Finnish Bread

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Morning Snack: I made up a new sandwich filling today and it was a real hit. I bought half a ready grilled chicken from our local rotteserie. After peeling off the skin and picking out the meat I diced it in relatively small pieces. To this I added half a jar of organic vegetarian pasta sauce. Those living in Germany: Alnatura-Vegetarisch Bolgnese. This is so delicious and has huge chunks of bell peppers, zucchini, onions, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes. Not to mention the tasty Italian herbs to add to the Mediterranean taste. I also added some chopped spring onions.

I toasted whole wheat Finnish bread, spread it with a thin layer of cream cheese and spread the Mediterranean chicken on it. To this I added a few rucola leaves. Yummy!

I also made a nice fresh fruit salad with apples, bananas, yellow kiwi, blood oranges, grapes and dried cranberries. I was so happy to find these in our store today as these dried cranberries are real multi-talents. Not only do they add to the tangy taste of the fruit salad but you can use these as an alternative to raisins in baking or just to snack on.

Afternoon Snack: Contains a raisin bun spread with butter and the last of my apple mousse. Today I added a bit of vanilla yoghurt on top of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment