Tiffin Tuesday - Getting Back Into The Habit

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Posted by Petra Hildebrandt

It's been a long time since I've posted a bento here - or on my blog. It is not that I don't pack lunches any more, but... most days I just grab some leftovers, and an apple or banana, and a cereal bar, and I'm done.

Although it is not quite 2010 right now, I think it is time to start over and make 'New Year's resolutions', to set up new goals, and get back to packing lunches which are not only nutritious, but also fun to look at. Even if you don't pack meals for a child but for an adult, enjoying your lunch visually is a great part of the food with love theme, I think.

And it doesn't have to be elaborated, fancy food, or decorating stunning anime images on a rice bed (which I could never do, anyway):



Here I packed tiny tomato halves with a tuna salad stuffing, tiny cucumber and carrot bites for crunch and color, a slice of buttered wholegrain bread (wrapped in cling film to prevent it from turning soggy), 3 mini chocolate muffins, dried mango, banana chips, the last of the plum harvest, and an apple. Basically a pantry raid, but looks so much better than just a sandwich or a box with noodle salad :-)

So, when do you get back in the habit?






This post was written by Petra



Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: thedailytiffin@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

8 comments:

I got back to the habit already... this September when my younger one started reception class ;)

October 20, 2009 at 1:57:00 PM GMT+2  

I havent really packed a lot of lunch boxes only when the time i was working. But it was not a very a creative one coz i was always busy....i know not a good excuse rgt:-) but offlate I am packing lunch for my hubby and my daughter. so i find that very challenging and so very nice to make it very creative and interesting for the both of them....and believe me they r coming back with empty boxes and happy faces!

Regards,
Veda

Veda said...
October 20, 2009 at 2:36:00 PM GMT+2  

I pack my lunch and my hubs lunch every day!

Maria said...
October 20, 2009 at 3:16:00 PM GMT+2  

When the economic balloon landed in Michigan, people in hordes rediscovered the benefits of home made lunches.. cheaper, and usually better for you, while not burning up gasoline going to a restaurant..

buffalodick said...
October 20, 2009 at 5:56:00 PM GMT+2  

I pack hubby's lunch every day. Usually leftovers from the night before - with fruit and nuts for snacking.

NKP said...
October 20, 2009 at 11:27:00 PM GMT+2  

Wow, the lunch box sure looks yummy.I usually pack my hubby's lunch box.It consists of whole wheat bread and left over cooked veggies and/or lentil soup.I also give him another box of fresh fruit salad and/or dried fruit.Plus there's some salad that I usually make in bulk to last us for at least 3 days in a row.

Nizsha said...
October 22, 2009 at 1:02:00 AM GMT+2  

I also packed foods for my breakfast but I don't usually prepare something for my lunch because I have no much time in preparing. But you know what, when packing our food its better to consider also the containers that we're going to use. I have found a very suitable container a while ago. And I can say that its really good! In addition it is also earth friendly because it is very reusable, its good for everyone. At happytiffin.com there are lunch boxes in various design you can choose from. Its better to use that kind of containers unlike plastic and paper bags. =)

rObrak said...
October 22, 2009 at 4:36:00 PM GMT+2  
This comment has been removed by the author.
rObrak said...
October 30, 2009 at 4:26:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment