Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Posted by jokergirl@wererabbits
I'm very sorry that I missed posting yesterday (and last week)! I have been away so much I barely had the time to eat at home at all.
Since I will be going to an interview tomorrow at lunchtime and have no lunch break, though, I had a reason to prepare a bento today:
This one contains leftovers from a tapas meal I made tonight. It is designed so I can eat it on a bench or in the subway with my little fork that comes with the box - no parts bigger than a bite!
Starting with the upper corner and spiraling clockwise:
- grilled wholewheat bread slices with garlic and butter
- a tomato rose
- a "ducky" (well, at least to me) of chili cheese tops (organic, bought frozen)
- mushrooms glazed with balsamico
- cheese cubes
- green melon
- ovenbaked potato wedges and another tomato
- ovenbaked striped eggplant (sadly the pretty white and purple stripes faded soemwhat in the oven)
- organic feta cubes (organic feta is very recommendable! MUCH better than the normal one of the same brand.)
- corn, pineapple and leek salad in the middle
This bento sadly lacks a lot of colour. Since I have been away so long, all the nice stuff in my fridge has spoiled. Curse you, short-notice travelling! But there were always fresh herbs, chilies and spices from my windowsill to the rescue! Thyme, rosemary, red banana chilies and thai basil adorn this bento.
Having a windowsill garden is sooo nice sometimes.
Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing your ideas.
This Post was written by jokergirl from Were Rabbits.